Strawberry Shortcake, A classic dessert that not only tastes delicious but is oh so easy to make. I made this the other day for my fathers birthday and thought I would share my recipe. Let me know your thoughts!
Write a review
- 3 Cups flour
- 1/4 sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 egg beaten
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup Strawberries sliced
- 3 tsp sugar
- Whip Cream
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. In a small bowl combine sliced strawberries and sugar place in refrigerator.
- In a large bowl mix flour , 1/4 sugar, and baking powder. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter. Stir in cream, vanilla and egg. Turn pastry onto lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or two. (Or as I did, you can just knead it in the bowl ) Press into 1 inch thick pan and cut into squares.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes or until golden. Remove and cool.
- Using a mixer beat heavy cream, vanilla and sugar until soft peaks form.
- Layer strawberries on top of pastry, top with whip cream and then enjoy!
The Cake Crusader, Wheat and Gluten Free Cakes, "Free from" Cakes, Dairy Free Cakes, Cakes for Intolerance. Gluten Free Christmas Cakes http://thecakecrusader.co.uk/